Coaching for Captains’ Mission is to inspire and prepare teen athletes to become role models and leaders in their community.
At school visits, regional trainings, and monthly workshops, we use experiential learning to educate, support and develop leadership skills and healthy behaviors. The program builds the resilience of young athletes to navigate adolescence safely with a vision for a positive future.
What is Coaching for Captains?
The program is designed to:
- Inspire and prepare student athletes to be courageous and informed peer leaders to address risky behaviors
- Build the resilience of young athletes to navigate adolescence safely and with a vision for a positive future
- Teach teens to be stronger communicators for confident self-expression, self-care, relationship building, teamwork and conflict resolution
What is in it for the participants?
Coaching for Captains addresses the aspects of athletics that physical conditioning and practice do not. Participants can gain an edge over their competition by working on the mental, social, and emotional parts of the game.
Who should participate?
- Sophomores are the target audience, however freshmen and juniors can participate as well
- Student athletes who are interested in improving their life skills and making a difference in their community
- All athletes who are rising leaders or who aspire to be; not just captains
For more information, email Coaching for Captains staff at CoachingforCaptains@gmail.com
& see attached letter for athletes:
Results from the 2013/2014 Program Year are in; view the summary here: