Second Growth is GROWING!
We are seeking motivated, mission-focused people to help us provide services to our community. We have both part-time and full-time positions open for the following position:
Student Assistance Program Counselor
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in education, psychology, or related fields
- Graduate degree in education, psychology, or counseling preferred
- Certification of AAP in VT or CPS in NH is required within one year of employment
- License as a Mental Health Counselor or LADC supersedes the AAP and CPS requirement
- Successful candidate will be organized and self-directed, and demonstrate effective communication and problem solving skills
- Candidate will be able to seek out opportunities to get to know student body
- Criminal background checks, licensing verification, and references are required for all positions
Brief Job Description:
- Report to Second Growth’s Executive Director
- Further report to school principal or his/her designee
- Provide Student Assistance Program curriculum and supports to students ages 12 through 21
- Part-time position with paid holidays
- Full-time position with paid holidays and medical benefits
- Salary range commensurate with education and experience
Outline of Responsibilities:
- Provide prevention education in a classroom setting as requested by school administrators and staff (a few times throughout the year). These classes may be related to social media, bullying prevention, addiction, suicide prevention, etc.
- Provide supportive services to middle school and/or high school students related to issues involving behavior, relationships, prevention, and substance use.
- Work with faculty and staff to coordinate and provide education and support for students
- Facilitate a variety of groups as needed
- Conduct assessments, provide early intervention and counseling, and/or refer students to external providers as needed
- Meet with students referred who are demonstrating social and behavioral difficulties with peers and teachers, or are at risk due to substance use or other harmful behaviors
- Attend periodic student services meetings with school staff for review of students and help plan how to find appropriate interventions.
- Participate in community education events as directed by school administration such as open house or parent nights.
- Regularly attend supervision, as arranged by Second Growth and in the company of other practitioners, to gain perspective and for problem solving
For more information, or to submit your cover letter and resume to Second Growth, please contact Heidi Postupack at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (802) 295-9800.
Thank you for your interest in Second Growth