Second Growth is GROWING!
We are seeking motivated, mission-focused people to help us provide services to our community.
The following positions are part-time with flexible hours.
Needed: Office guru who loves to keep things humming. Accuracy, strong interpersonal skills, and experience with bookkeeping, payroll, billing, Microsoft Office, and database management are essential in this part-time role.
- Reports directly to the Executive Director
- Coordinate the schedules of Administrative Assistant/Bookeeper and the Executive Director to ensure efficient communications on accounting responsibilities for cash flow, accounts payable, grant and campaign revenue receivables; and administrative duties of donor database management, donation acknowledgement letters, capture and recording of client data; and other tasks as assigned.
- Accounting, bank deposits, monthly billing for contracted service agreements, producing monthly budget reports, responsibility for tracking and reporting bi-weekly payroll, quarterly payroll taxes and working with accountant on annual review and year end taxes.
- Reconciliation of monthly bank and credit card statements
- Accounts payable functions
- Data management including preparing quarterly and year-end client contact summaries and SAP reports as needed.
- Record keeping, updating donor database, maintaining lease agreements, insurance policies and foreign non-profit status in New England states as needed.
- Communication and support to Board of Directors including distribution of meeting minutes and assistance with annual campaign.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director
Coaching for Captains Program Coordinator
Needed: Sports enthusiast who excels in working with young people. Energy, athletic ability, coaching skills, and enthusiasm are needed to manage an exciting program that offers leadership development and physical training to improve sports participation and build human capital. Part-time; 10 to 15 hours per week to start, with opportunity for growth in responsibility, scope of work, and hours.
- Reports to Program Director
- Training and on-going support will be provided
- Organize and implement the Coaching for Captains Program in collaboration with the C4C staff, including developing goals, curriculum, and evaluation tools
- Recruit participants from schools, sports programs, and recreation departments
- Recruit college interns from local colleges/schools
- Respond to situations that need additional follow-up
- Reach out to participants using email, text messaging, Facebook, phone, etc, to provide support and relay program information
- Contact inactive participants to keep them connected to the program
- Schedule, prepare, deliver, and evaluate events (Core Trainings, Huddles) for the participants with the C4C team members
- Coordinate school visits to deliver on-going advocacy and training for individual athletes and their school C4C group
- Collaborate with team members to provide support and skill building for coaches
- Pursue additional revenue from grants, corporate sponsorship, contracts, and fundraising events
- Research and participate in appropriate professional development opportunities
- Collaborate with other Second Growth staff, volunteers, and board members on a range of practical tasks that promote the overall health of the agency
REQUIRED SKILLS: Organized and self-directed, the successful candidate will demonstrate effective communication and problem solving skills. Must have well-developed abilities to work effectively with school aged youth as a counselor, coach, teacher, and advocate. High level of personal and professional integrity combined with an uncompromising sense of responsibility for individual choices required. Ability to collaborate with team members to use the strength of the gathered team to create sustainable success of the programs is essential.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelors degree in education or related field preferred. Demonstrated success in working with adolescents in school or community settings. An understanding of the needs of young athletes is essential. Athletic background, coaching, or teaching experience is a plus.
Please send cover letter and resume to Second Growth at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in Second Growth.
Criminal background checks, licensing verification, and references are required for all positions.