Coaching for Captains is a leadership development program for high school athletes which promotes a culture of success on and off the field of play.
The program is designed to:
- Inspire and prepare student athletes to be courageous and informed peer leaders to address risky behaviors
- Build the resilience of young athletes to navigate adolescence safely and with a vision for a positive future
- Teach teens to be stronger communicators for confident self-expression, self-care, relationship building, teamwork and conflict resolution
What is in it for the participants?
Coaching for Captains addresses the aspects of athletics that physical conditioning and practice do not. Participants can gain an edge over their competition by working on the mental, social, and emotional parts of the game.
Who should participate?
- Sophomores are the target audience, however freshmen and juniors can participate as well
- Student athletes who are interested in improving their life skills and making a difference in their community
- All athletes who are rising leaders or who aspire to be; not just captains
For more information, email Coaching for Captains staff at CoachingforCaptains@gmail.com