Second Growth is GROWING!
We are seeking motivated, mission-focused people to help us provide services to our community. We have both part-time and full-time positions open for the following positions:
Second Growth is a nonprofit provider of counseling for children, adults, and families, and offers youth programs focused on leadership skills development, and substance use awareness and prevention. Our primary mission is to reduce substance use and violence for young adults, and to build the strength and resilience of youth in order to improve their lives and support their safe navigation through adolescence. Second Growth currently seeks a clinician who will provide therapeutic counseling in our office.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in education, psychology, social work, or related fields
- Graduate degree in education, psychology, or counseling
- License in one or more of the following: Mental Health Counselor, Drug and Alcohol Counselor, Marriage and Family Therapist, Professional Counselor
- Previous experience working with children or teens in a mental health field
- Successful candidate will be organized and self-directed, and demonstrate effective communication- and problem solving skills
- Criminal background checks, licensing verification, and references are required for all positions
Brief Job Description and Benefits:
- Report to Second Growth’s Executive Director.
- Conduct intake assessments, develop treatment plans, and provide individual, group, or family counseling as needed.
- Part-time position qualifies for 12 paid holidays, paid time off, professional development reimbursement, and 401k plan
- Full-time position qualifies for medical benefits, 12 paid holidays, paid time off, professional development reimbursement, and 401k plan.
- Salary range commensurate with education and experience
Outline of Responsibilities:
- Provide evidence-based care to individuals and families in Second Growth’s offices.
- Conduct assessments, provide early intervention and counseling, facilitate groups, provide access or referrals to other community resources, and be prepared to provide Impaired Driver Rehabilitation Program counseling (formerly CRASH).
- Manage case referrals and assignments, coordinating client care needs with other team members to ensure effective and optimal care.
- Follow through with parents, referring physicians, school staff, or agencies as needed in a timely way to ensure optimal client care coordination.
- Participate in community education events or educational forums and make presentations on topics of interest to the community.
- Regularly attend supervision arranged by Second Growth and in the company of other practitioners to gain perspective and for problem